A serious illness or accident can leave you unable to work. While other coverage, such as Critical Illness Insurance, sees that your medical expenses are paid, it does not replace your income.
Disability Insurance provides income protection to ensure that your usual financial needs – such as mortgage, education, and lifestyle expenses – are addressed while you recuperate.
Disability Insurance plans can include coverage for:
- Total disability benefits (unable to work)
- Partial disability benefits (disability prevents you from earning your full income)
- Return to work benefits (assistance to get back to full-time work)
How is my disability insurance premium determined?
Premiums are determined by:
- The type and amount of coverage
- How long you will receive benefits
- How quickly the benefits begin after a disability occurs